‘Sap-Tapping’ & ‘Wood Cookie’
(Cross-Cut Saw) Competition
Saturday, April 29th, 2023 at 12:30pm at the Main Stage – Gore and Herriott Street.
– Competition is open for up to 10 two-person teams (men or women – 21 years + older)
– Participation is ‘at your own risk’, and each team member must sign and complete a Registration Form and the 2-page Waiver Form: Click Here (PDF)
– Teams are asked to meet at side of Main Stage at 12:15pm – Saturday Apr. 29th
– Logs, brace & bit drill, hammer, spiles, cross-cut saws, saw-horse supplied by Festival
– Bring your own gloves, footwear – Lumberjack-type clothing or team-themes encouraged!
1. Sap-Tapping – timed:
– Team members will work on a standing log, with one member steadying the log, the other drills a hole using brace & bit, hammers in a spile, runs and gets bucket to hang on spile.
2. Wood Cookie (Cross Cut Saw Competition) – timed:
– Each two-person team gets a turn at cross-cut sawing an approx. 6 to 8-inch log
– There will be two rounds. The fastest total time (men and women’s) determine standings.
To join this year’s Sap-Tapping and Wood Cookie Challenge, please fill in the Team Registration Form and Waiver: Click Here (PDF)
Thanks for entering! Come, enjoy…and let the ‘Wood Cookies’ fly!
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 267-3200
email@example.com or (613) 264-8811